Sunday, May 18, 2014

I dream Spain-tech

Ton S. of I dream lo-tech was in Cincinnati today and we had a great time. I'm sure he'll provide more details on his blog, but here are a few shots of Ton enjoying some typewriters in my office. He particularly wanted to try my machines from Spain, so here he is testing three products of the small company Talleres Alonso, from Valencia:

1. The Andina Especial 90 (early 1970s)



2. The Talbos (early 1960s)


3. The Junior 58 (1958)



Which do you think he liked the best? Don't jump to conclusions...


11 comments:

  1. I am guessing the Junior--it seems like one that I would like, and the phrase "don't jump to conclusions" leads me to think that it's an unexpected one--the Junior looks like it would be okay mechanically, but a lot of fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Andina! I love the looks of that Junior though. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno... he looks very inspired typing merrily away at the Talbos. But, if I am to follow my instincts, I'd wager he had a very good time with the Junior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's the giddy kid in photo number 3? (:
    Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I already read Ton's blog first, so I know it's not the Junior - it should be that Graphika in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He took his sweater off in the third photo. How long was he in your office? A week? Looks like he had an absolute (writing) ball!
    Nice work, gents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy. The red one. Just like sports cars, red always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn that Junior is hot! from the back! more curves than monica bellucci!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny, I read his post first, so I won't play the guessing game. I did say you could charge admission to Typewriterland there. I'd buy a ticket for sure.

    ReplyDelete